About Cozumel Dive Trips
Cozumel the Island
Check out our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGJOpNt5sMo
Cozumel is Mexico’s original Caribbean playground. The Mayans, its first inhabitants, considered it a sacred shrine and referred to it as “Ah-Cuzamil-Peten”, meaning “Island of the Swallows.” At the height of the Mayan civilization, woman, at least once during their lifetime, would make the 12-mile journey by boat from the mainland to worship “Ixchel”, the goddess of fertility. Today, at more than 40 sites around the island, archaeologists still uncover small dolls that were offered in sacrifice during the fertility ritual.
World War II put Cozumel on the map. The U.S. built an air base for planes hunting U-boats in the mid-Atlantic. Drawn by the clear waters, frogmen came to train and returned home with stories of magnificent underwater vistas. Oceanographer Jacques Cousteau even proclaimed Cozumel to be one of the finest diving sites in the world.
Life on the Island is relaxed, somewhat akin to a ski resort, only the climate is tropical and the sport is scuba diving. Cutoffs and tank tops seem to be as dressy as anyone ever gets, except for the nicer restaurants, where a higher level of casual is expected.
There are two very different kinds of beaches on Cozumel. One type, found on the west coast of the island facing the Mexican mainland, offers stretches of golden sand, often with all the amenities of a beach club. On the east side facing out in the Caribbean Sea, quiet beaches alternate with rocky shores along the vast expanses of the solitary coast. The waters on the more populous west side are generally calm, while the roaring surf on the east creates treacherous breakers and undertows.
Things to do
The little town of San Miguel offers a variety of gift shops, bars, restaurants and interesting niches to explore. There is a world class museum on the beach road and just south of town is an archaeological park with models of Mayan, Olmec, and Toltec ancient sculptures.
Though not Chitzen-Itza, the island is dotted with many small, interesting remnants of Mayan culture. A major excavation is in San Gervasio which covers about 10 acres situated in enchanting jungle surroundings. Accessible by rental car, moto, or taxi, San Gervasio best be enjoyed with a self guiding tour map available in town.
The Celarain Light-house and Wildlife Reserve, located at the most southern tip of the island, is a great adventure. A shuttle takes you the final stretch from the reserve camp (US$10/person donation). It is a bumpy ride and quite a climb to the top of the light-house(127 steps), but well worth the trouble as the view is spectacular. It is a great place to spend an afternoon and see some extraordinary birds, turtles and other wildlife of the island. It is a good idea to purchase an island map before preceding on a venture like this.
Diving with Dive Paradise:
For 26 years, Dive Paradise has provided safe, reliable and fun-filled scuba diving adventures in Cozumel. They’ve earned the reputation as “The name you know and trust.” What’s behind their success? Dive Paradise is Cozumel’s finest independent dive operator. Who offer the island’s largest fleet of boats and widest variety of dive trips.
5 days of Morning “Caribbean” 2-Tank Trips are Included
You’re on “island time”— Why not kick back and surrender to the seductive rhythms of our Caribbean trips? Enjoy this comfortable, relaxing way to dive Cozumel. Our five flagship boats — Aries, Sagitario, Paradise Diver, Tango and Atlantis — were built to carry 24 divers. Except for requests for special group charters, we guarantee a maximum of 16 divers.If a group exceeds eight divers, we split into two groups and send an extra divemaster. Our midsized boats — Coqueta, Calypso and Renegado —- comfortably carry 14 divers maximum, although they were designed for more. On the Caribbean trips, there’s always plenty of room to spread out and organize your gear. Enjoy snacks and water during the surface interval. Optional third tank for only $15 at selected hotels. Daily departures at 8:30AM. Boats return 1 to 2PM. (US$84)
Afternoon 1-Tank Trip are extra and can be arranged the day before
Are you serious about wringing the most bottom time out of your dive vacation? The Afternoon 1-Tank Trip is the perfect “add on” to your “Caribbean” Trip or “AM Express” Trip. With our 3:00 PM departure, you’ll get back on the reef after everyone else has finished diving. We emphasize additional safe bottom time, so these dives are shallow—60 feet or less. Scheduled daily 3:00PM – 5:00PM (US$39.50).
Night 1-Tank Trip are extra and can be arranged in advance
Immerse yourself in the incredible world of Cozumel after dark. It’s an exciting experience. Depart just after sunset to Paradise, Chancanab, or Yucab Reefs. Dive light required; please supply your own or rent from Dive Paradise. Departs daily at dusk. (US$44) Minimum 4 divers.
Special Guide Service are extra
Newly certified? Been away from diving for a while? Feeling rusty or jittery? Build your confidence with our Special Guide Service. Your own in-water divemaster and buddy introduces you to drift diving at a relaxed pace. No pressure to “keep up with the group.” Available for one or two divers, big boat only. Dive trip charges additional. (US$40). Private Instructor (US$56)
What is included
Trips include tanks, weights, bottled soft drinks, and we recommend you bring a reusable bottle and refill with their purified drinking water.
We put you in the care of one of our certified, in-water Divemasters. Their primary duty is leading you and your group on safe and enjoyable dives.
On two-tank trips, the maximum depth is 60 to 90 feet on the first dive, and 30 to 60 feet on the second.
Posted prices do not include a 27 peso per day usage fee (about US$2-$2.25). This is charged to anyone taking part in water activities inside the National Marine Park. During check-in with Dive Paradise, this fee must be paid in cash for all scheduled dives.
- You can obtain your gear at Scuba Too in Waterloo and keep the equipment until you return from your trip, in which case you are responsible for the gear (including the rinsing after each dive trip). You must leave a signed, open credit card slip or cash as a deposit and return the gear to us personally. You will be charged on a daily basis.
- You can rent from Dive Paradise and the gear will be on the boat for you, in which case their Dive Masters are responsible for your gear between trips. This is the most convenient because you don’t have to store or lug the gear around. (You also don’t have to clean it!)
Daily Rental Gear Rates
- BCD Jacket with Power Inflate – US$10
- Snorkel Vest – US$4
- Regulator & SPG, Depth and Octopus – US$12
- Tank – US$ 6 (w/Nitrox add US$10)
- U/W Digital Camera (Olympus 400 / 4 mega pixel) – US$45
- 35mm U/W Camera w/36 Exp. Film – US$35
- Mask & Snorkel – US$3.50, Fins – US$ 4
- Dive Computer (Suunto) – US$ 10
- Shorty Wetsuit – US$ 7
- Dive Light – US$7
- Package: BCD with Power Inflator, Regulator, Octopus, Depth & SP gauges, Mask, Snorkel and Fins – US$16
This is a great chance for you to receive additional certifications. The water is warm and clear even at 120 ft. Please schedule your training 2 weeks before you land on the island.
Hotel Cozumel & Resorts All Inclusive:
- 180 room resort. Each room has an ocean or pool view and its own terrace with hooks for hanging dive gear, 1 king size bed or two double beds, A/C, direct dialing telephone, tub/shower and cable TV.
- Hotel amenities include room service, safety deposit boxes, billiards, gym, “Kids Club”, multiple restaurants/bars/shops and newly renovated beachfront.
- A full-service Dive Paradise shop and training facility is located onsite, beachfront. showers, rinse tanks and lockers are available for gear storage.
- The resort boasts the largest pool on island! Free Dive Paradise “Introduction to SCUBA” classes facilitated in pool.
- All diving trips depart directly from hotel pier.
- 4 night package totals 9 dives, 7 night package totals 15 dives!
- “All Inclusive” packages are available which include 3 meals a day, between-meal snacks and domestic drinks between 11:00AM – 10:30PM. Telephone calls, laundry and room service is not included.
- Visit the Hotel Cozumel website for more information!
- Formerly known as the Costa Club Cozumel, Fiesta Inn or Brisas Cozumel for those of you that have visited Cozumel before!
With this program everything comes inclusive; breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner -all buffet style; domestic alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks; plenty of scheduled activities by the swimming pool, night entertainment, open-air gym, pool tables, bike tours, and non-motorized water sports such as; snorkeling, kayaking and one free Scuba Dive introductory lesson per person.
Come join us on an adventure of diving
January 6th-13th, 2018
All Inclusive: 7 nights
- Single Standard Pool or Garden View Rooms:
- $1,358.00- diver
- $937.00- non diver
- Double Standard Pool or Garden View Rooms:
- $1093.00 per person- diver
- $673.00 per person- non diver
- Triple Standard Pool or Garden View Rooms:
- $1029.00 per person- diver
- $609.00 per person- non diver
The All Inclusive plan includes; lodging, all meals, snacks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic domestic drinks, daily activities program, non-motorized water sports, all applicable taxes and gratuities.